Create a thread portrait painting with Marna Lunt, an advanced embroidery course.
FOR A LIMITED PERIOD THIS COURSE HAS BEEN MADE ON DEMAND WHICH MEANS THERE IS NO SET START DATE. BUY IT NOW AND START STRAIGHT AWAY. HAPPY STITCHING!
The course is based on more advanced stitchers however you do not need to have completed any previous Illuminating Embroidery course to be able to take it.
You will learn:
- how to use a light box
- the best fabric and thread to use in thread painting
- the basics of tone and shading with threads
- transferring a photographic image onto fabric ready for stitch
- simple steps to create a life like image in thread
- adding fabric to fabric to create layers and three dimension
- mounting and framing
- conservation, looking after your work
- life long access to the Illuminating Embroidery student Facebook community
- daily one to one support and advice from Marna
- hours of teaching videos
- FREE access to the Stitches and Samplers course
This course requires basic knowledge of stitches and how to transfer patterns onto fabric. You do NOT need to know how to draw. This is not a drawing course. You will be using a photo of your own and transforming it into a thread portrait painting. The free access to the Stitches and Samplers course will have no time limit and this free information will be of great use to you along side your portraiture course.
exc. VAT which will be added in the checkout