What level of experience do I need to be able to take this course?
None. Yeah happy face. When you sign up for a course you will receive the Stitch & Sampler course for free and this gives you the basics of stitching. So basically you can have a go no matter what your knowledge and you will find new tips and hints along the way. After all none of us know everything.
- Specially designed PDF downloads of the stitches and summaries of all the main lessons, you can print these out and keep them, giving you a handy source of reference material.
- A certificate at the end of class to celebrate your achievements. Everyone likes a big pat on the back for achieving something new and exciting.
- Access to a private Facebook group where you can share and chat with other students. You have life long entry to this group even after the course has finished.
- Hours of high quality, detailed content provided in videos, podcasts and written with beautiful (and award winning) imagery.
Will I be able to communicate with the other students?
Yes you will gain exclusive access to the private Facebook group where you can interact with all the people who are Illuminating Embroidery members. This will be available during the course AND after the course.
Can I download the lessons to keep?
The lessons are a mixture of step by step video tutorials, podcasts and written content with imagery displayed on a web page. PDF notes are provided so that you can download them and refer to them after the course has ended. You can also print out the lessons to your home printer.
Do I have to log in at an exact time and day?
No the beauty of online learning is that you can access the classroom at any time of day or night. 24/7 the lessons will be there waiting for you. This is perfect for those of you with hectic lives, work, kids, carers & social butterflies. The videos can be paused and returned to the written info read before bed or on the toilet! Embroidery is a therapy and to be done to sooth you. The course content will only be available for the time period advertised with the course you are taking.
What if I am ill or need a few days off?
Poor you! but no problem. Just catch up at some point during the course access. If you miss all the course access time I'm afraid the course will not be available beyond those dates as a new course will be happening.
How long does the course last?
Each course last different lengths of time. Some are five day courses, others two weeks, and one is four weeks. You will have access to the course during the dates published only.
I don’t live in the UK, can I still learn with you?
Yes, but only if you speak English. I set up this website because of the large number of overseas followers I have and not being able to give them the same workshop benefits If you understand written and verbal English and Paypal accepts your chosen currency then you won’t have any problems in participating in the course. Prices are excluding VAT which is added on in the checkout depending on your countries rate.
Can I buy the course as a gift for someone?
You certainly can, just pop over an email and we will make it happen.
Can I pay in instalments?
Not at the moment but a payment scheme is currently being looked into for people wanting to purchase all the courses together. And no I'm afraid I can't save you a place until you get paid, sorry about that, it has to be fair for everyone. The places book up very quickly indeed and it wouldn't be fair to reserve spaces without full payment and commitment.
How long does it take?
It is entirely up to you how much time you chose to spend on these courses. They could be full time if you include practising or you could just read through the lessons and leave it at that. You get out what you put in. As regards the Facebook group, it is really worth posting regularly to keep up and in contact with new friends, share photos, interesting links etc. The more interaction you have with other members the fun fun it is for everyone.
What should I be expecting to find once I log in?
Once you have purchased your chosen course you will have access to the members area which is where your courses will be. Click in the members area and have an explore, all your lessons, downloads and fun videos will be waiting for you to enjoy. There will be lesson notes for most modules which will be in a downloadable PDF format which you can print off and keep. The stitches will all have illustrated revision notes to accompany the video tutorials.
- E-learning means a course that is delivered electronically, and my e-course is hosted by me in a virtual classroom environment that is accessed by students worldwide with a username and password, just like you would access any other password protected website. When logged in you can access the daily lessons and inspiration. You can email questions directly to Marna and she will get back to you as soon as is humanly possible.
- You do not have to leave your house.
- You do not even have to get dressed!!
- You can be anywhere in the world.
- You've got to want to do it though or it won't be much fun.
- You can eat cake and drink tea in the classroom!!
- Doesn't matter what time of day you check in.
- You can make new friends with like minded interests.
- You must have a basic knowledge of computers and how they work.
- You need to have a decent internet speed to be able to watch the videos.